“Populations on the run during disasters can be tracked by cellphone signals, which could help guide life-saving aid to the right places, a new study has concluded,” according to a story in the New York Times today that reports on a study published in PLoS Medicine last week. The researchers developed the idea after the easrthquake in Haiti, then tested it during the cholera epidemic later that year.
- Conferences on Twitter (AIDS & Cardiology) – Hashtags of the Week (HOTW): (Week of September 1, 2014)
- Taubman Health Sciences Library History–Our Beginnings
- Concerns & Clarification on the FDA Guidelines for Social Media (#FDAsm)
- New Hashtag, Nursing Ethics – Hashtags of the Week (HOTW): (Week of August 25, 2014)
- #MakeHealth was AMAZING – Hashtags of the Week (HOTW): (Week of August 18, 2014)