Beginning October 22, the Cochrane/EBM Reviews, including the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, will transition from Ovid (UM-MEDSEARCH) to the Wiley interface. The same Cochrane resources will be available from Wiley, the provider of the full Cochrane Library content. The change will be completed by November 1.
To access the Cochrane resources through Wiley follow this link: http://www.lib.umich.edu/database/link/1192397
How will this change affect you?
- Access—no limit on the number of simultaneous users; eliminates the frustration of attempting to login only to be turned away.
- Navigation—more user-friendly, easy to navigate search interface; browse or search across all databases or one at a time; utilize MeSH (subject heading search).
- Customization—create a personal account to set up email alerts and save searches.
- Currency—no delay in finding the latest systematic reviews or reviews of effects.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- Health Technology Assessment Database
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
- ACP Journal Club: Available directly through Annals of Internal Medicine (link http://proxy.lib.umich.edu/login?url=http://acpjc.acponline.org/shared/past_issues.htm)
- Evidence Based Medicine: Full-text available for Dec. 1995 to Dec. 2005, table of contents available for 2006 to current. (link: http://proxy.lib.umich.edu/login?url=http://ebm.bmj.com)